Burton Planning Services was formed in 2008 by Kimberly Burton, who is a licensed engineer, certified planner with an advanced specialty in transportation planning, and an accredited professional in LEED for Neighborhood Development. BPS staff have completed over 180 planning, engineering, and environmental projects to-date.
BPS is a licensed engineering firm and is DBE and EDGE certified with the State of Ohio and in communities around Ohio. In addition, BPS is a National Complete Streets Coalition Bronze Partner, U.S. Green Building Council Organizational Member, U.S. EPA Lead-Safe Certified Firm, and is involved in TRB’s Transportation Noise & Vibration Committee.
BPS works with a wide variety of clients in the public and private sectors, including state agencies, regional planning commissions, counties, municipalities, consultants, and other private sector clients.
What Clients Say
Dayton Transportation Plan 2040
“BPS established a strong working relationship with City of Dayton staff. The firm communicated … timely responses to our requests for information and punctual submission of project deliverables. They coordinated a complex planning effort involving the City, other government agencies, a subconsultant, advocacy groups, and the general public.”
Earthen Berm Noise Reduction Analysis
“BPS made a great effort on this project. I liked the project updates and findings and conclusions the best.”
US-42 Access Management Study
“ODOT & Consultant team…worked out very well and gave good, consistent information and feedback to the other agencies and the public. The project results, both in the form of the final report and the public involvement, were excellent.”
Brandt Pike Corridor Revitalization Plan
“The Study performed by Burton Planning Services is key towards the revitalization of the core of the City of Huber Heights…The City of Huber Heights is proud that this study has been completed for its residents and business owners.”
BPS Small Business Advantage
- FLEXIBILITY: We are very flexible and can quickly adapt to a client’s needs.
- TIMELINESS: We can provide high quality, professional results in a timely manner.
- EXPERTISE: We have experienced multi-disciplinary people on staff to provide superior solutions to its clients.
- COMMITMENT: We are comprised of professionals who are passionate about what we do and who are committed to our clients.
- RELATIONSHIP: There are no “middle men” or sales people – only the professionals who will work with their clients from start to finish.
- COST EFFECTIVENESS: A small business operates without a large overhead, so services can be performed in a very cost effective manner.