Highland County Coordinated Transit Plan
Welcome to the website for the Highland County Coordinated Transit Plan! This website will remain up-to-date with information regarding the planning process. This website will provide links to presentations, live meetings, surveys, and more. Please check back often for updates.
The Coordinated Transit Plan is a four-year coordinated plan designed for Public and Human Services Transportation. The purpose of the Plan is to evaluate the community characteristics, stakeholder assessment, inventory of existing transportation services, and list goals and priorities for Highland County, Ohio.
Through surveys with human service agencies and transportation providers, demographic analysis, local public meetings, and a community survey, this Plan provides a description of the unmet transportation needs in Highland County. This effort is the foundation for a series of approaches to address the current and projected unmet transportation needs of people with low incomes, older adults, individuals with disabilities, and the general public. The intent of this document is to create a guide for local decision-makers as they consider advances in the coordination of transportation resources.
Learn more about the Highland County Coordinated Transit Plan by reviewing the 2018 Plan:
Throughout the planning process, there will be multiple opportunities for stakeholders and members of the public to participate. Check back frequently for updates.
Public Survey – Community Transportation Needs
- From June 11 through July 2, 2021, take this survey to share your opinions on transportation options in Highland County: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HighlandPublicSurvey. You may also download this printable copy.
Public Forum – Community Transportation Needs
- Thursday, June 17 from 12PM – 1PM or 6PM – 7PM. Share your opinions on transportation options in Highland County! These meetings will be held virtually via Zoom with a telephone call-in option. Recordings of the meetings will be available on the project website.
- 12PM Meeting
- Join: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89455387045?pwd=K2R6ZzhHd3Vva2RuL0xRU0NnVFFUUT09 or +1 646 558 8656
- Meeting ID: 894 5538 7045
- 6PM Meeting
- Join: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81954559266?pwd=WEUxMlBVU0EyMUFXcXVCb2NSSHhDZz09 or +1 646 558 8656
- Meeting ID: 819 5455 9266
HARTS Transportation Committee/Countywide Coordinating Committee Meeting #1: May 13, 2021