What is a Growth Policy?
- A growth policy is an official public document that is intended to guide future social, physical, environmental, and economic growth and development of a jurisdiction.
- A growth policy is required by the State of Montana as outlined by the Montana Revised Code.
What is the purpose of Livingston’s Growth Policy Update?
- It will serve as an integral land use planning guidance tool as the community, including the 2-mile extraterritorial jurisdiction, grows and develops.
- It will reflect the desires and needs of the community as well as the existing and future capacity of the City’s infrastructure, economy, and natural environment.
- It will name the best locations for growth and assist the City with ensuring that development and investment occurs appropriately.
What topics will the Growth Policy address?
- Intergovernmental Coordination
- Land Use
- Local Services
- Natural Resources
- Policies, Regulations, and Other Measures
- Public Facilities
What is the timeline for Livingston’s Growth Policy Update?
|Project kickoff and initial collection of information||October – December 2019|
|Survey, community meeting, & establish goals and objectives||December 2019 – March 2020|
|Project growth trends, identify needs, & community meeting||March – July 2020|
|Update the Growth Policy||July – October 2020|
|Finalize the Growth Policy & adopt||October 2020 – April 2021|
How can I be involved?
Visit the Community Participation page for information on meetings and other ways to provide your input.