Burton Planning Services (BPS) was formed in 2008 by Kimberly Burton, P.E., AICP CTP, LEED AP ND. The Ohio-based company’s mission is to provide results that are timely, affordable, and customized for the client’s specific needs, with a commitment to sustainable solutions.
BPS has DBE/MBE/WBE and EDGE certifications, and it is also a licensed engineering firm and U.S. EPA Lead-Safe Certified Firm. BPS is a National Complete Streets Coalition Bronze Partner, U.S. Green Building Council Organizational Member, and is involved in the Transportation Research Board’s Noise & Vibration Committee.
The firm’s multi-disciplinary staff have skillsets in community planning and zoning, multi-modal transportation planning, environmental studies, and communications, and the firm maintains the related environmental and engineering prequalifications with the Ohio Department of Transportation.
The staff is experienced in managing the preliminary steps through the final design stages of projects and has worked with a wide variety of clients in multiple states. With the staff’s extensive expertise, BPS can provide the comprehensive range of customized planning and environmental solutions of a large company balanced with the flexibility and cost effectiveness of a small firm.
BPS Small Business Advantage:
With our expertise, we are committed to providing a comprehensive range of customized planning and environmental solutions for our clients. Being a small business has several key advantages:
- FLEXIBILITY: We are very flexible and can quickly adapt to a client’s needs.
- TIMELINESS: We can provide high quality, professional results in a timely manner.
- EXPERTISE: We have experienced multi-disciplinary people on staff to provide superior solutions to its clients.
- COMMITTMENT: We are comprised of professionals who are passionate about what we do and who are committed to our clients.
- RELATIONSHIP: There are no “middle men” or sales people – only the professionals who will work with their clients from start to finish.
- COST EFFECTIVENESS: A small business operates without a large overhead, so services can be performed in a very cost effective manner.